Sunday, September 28, 2008

More pictures of Belle

Since her birth, Belle has been growing like a weed - a weed without water that is. We had to take her back into the hospital last week because she had jaundice and was losing weight. After being in the "spotlight" over night, she was all ready to come home. Really though, we were quite worried about our little girl and are now happy that she is doing well. She's finally gained her birth-weight back and is growing up to be strong just like her dad (this is Platte writing, of course). Here are some more pictures of the little cutie.


One of the rare moments when Belle is wide awake!


Pretty in pink.


Belle and her mommy.


See any resemblance? Platte thinks so.


Little shrimp.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooooo cute! I wish we lived closer so I could come over and just hold her! You two are the cutest parents and I loved talking the other day! Oh, I meant to tell you - Jack Johnson sings a song called "Belle". It's mostly in French but very cute! you'll have to listen to it!

Cori Carpenter said...

So cute! Honestly I can see a little of both you guys in her! She is so adorable! Sarah is coming up today to see the baby, and I would like to come, but I don't think we'll be able to make it! Isaiah is still getting over his screaming/colic stuff! YUK! I can't wait to meet her though!!

Brittany said...

She looks so dang cute!! I can't quite tell yet if she looks like you Platte!:) I'm glad she's feeling better and growing strong! She's a cutie!!

Scott and Haley said...

I think she looks like Platte. Congrats you two, she is a keeper.

Heather Bowers said...

All I can do is laugh out loud. What a little bug. Belle looks so beency in her car
seat. So sweet!!! I just smile when I think of you two taking care of her. I am sure Heather is so sweet and gentle and Platte is trying to ask her funny questions and being all kinds of rambunctious. I can't
wait until Thanksgiving so we can just sit around and hold her. She is just a doll!!!! I really do
think she has mom's nose Platte. What did Elizabeth think..any Ricks family resemblances??
We love you and can't wait to see you!!

Alicia said...

She is so beautiful! Of course, it's not a surprise. That's scary she was losing weight. Those moments bring you so close together. I'm glad she is doing much better.

Unknown said...

oh she is darling.. and so tiny! i can't wait to meet her!

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

She is such a cutie! She looks so tiny in her car seat. We are glad she is doing better and that she is home with the two of you.

Paris said...

Wow, she is so cute!!!! I can't wait to meet her in Person!!! Dax had to go under the "spotlight" too. It is so sad to see them under that thing! I'm glad to hear that she is doing better now!

Andrea said...

She's adorable! Congratulations to you both! And I'm so happy to know you have a blog that I can snoop on and stay a little in touch with you guys. I hope you are adjusting well to being parents. Just wait till she smiles. It' the best.

Sunny Jones said...

Belle is so cute. I want to hold her. Is she more like Heather or Platte? I hope we get to see her soon. She is adorable!! Aunt Sunny

Unknown said...

i love her! she is adorable! and i love the name belle. i bet you are the bestest mom ever! i wish i was there to see her in person. let me know if you come to utah to visit!!!

Walnut said...

strong like her dad?

Emily said...

Hey Platte, don't know if you remember me from our good ol' Centennial ward. I saw your name on a friend's blog and know there aren't too many Platte's in the world. Congratulations on the marriage and new baby girl! She's really cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys!! Belle is so adorable!!! Congrats! She is so tiny...what a cutie. We are glad that you found our blog...we love keeping in touch! We are loving VA, but miss AZ b/c of all our friends there! How was the internship in Yuma? Saw the pic of the trailer...awesome.

Andrea said...

Well, I think we have a little platte junior. She is so cute!!!! It is fun to see her with her eyes open. I can't wait to see her and hold her in person. I am glad that she is eating better now. It makes such a difference.

Andrea said...

Thanks! I get her headbands all over the place. In Utah they even sell them at Maceys. Pretty weird, but works for me. I'm sure you could make them though. You're crafty like that.

The Shupes said...

I am so glad you left a comment on my blog!! Congrats on the new beautiful baby girl. I am excited to have a little baby again. They grow so fast, and so weird that this is number two. I am glad she is doing better. Charlie had to be under the lights also, but just at home for two days. I hated it though, cause I had to feed him and put him right back under the lights. Oh and good job on the delivery & labor. My first one went so fast, I don't know if I could handle a long one!! But good luck with your new calling as a mother, there really is nothing better. Just remind yourself of that when you are waking up in the middle of the night!!

Daltons said...

She is so sweet! We are so happy for both of you! Good luck with everything! Keep us updated! you know Ricky will hunt you down if you dont! haha We love you guys!

Alisha said...

She is ADORABLE! I bet you are loving every minute!

Sarah said...

Well, our blog was accidentally deleted and we're trying to spread the word that we have a new address. If you run across anyone that doesn't have it, please let them know! Thanks! www.fairbanksfamilypod.blogspot.com

Stacy and Tay said...

Holy crap, she's cute! Congrats :)