Sunday, August 30, 2009

Grand Canyon and Utah Trip

We finally visited the Grand Canyon! This was the first time either of us had been. Before going to the Grand Canyon we met up with Daniel and Andrea in Sedona, Arizona. Daniel had just finished taking the bar exam in California, so we all celebrated with an end of the summer trip. The Grand Canyon was beautiful!

Belle and I then drove up to Utah with Daniel and Andrea. We had so many fun times while there! We met my family in Cedar City for the Shakespeare Festival, had a Ricks Family Reunion in Ogden, made some fun crafts, and altogether had a great time!!

Livin' the "high" life.
 
We're on top of the world!
 
Fun family photo
 
In Sedona, with the beautiful red rock!
 
At the Shakespeare Festival...and yes we ate some of the yummy cream cheese tarts!
 
Kissing cousins!
 
A proud moment for this soccer mom!
 
Two peas in a pod.
 
Beautiful walk at the Ricks Reunion.
Many of the proud descendants of LeVere Ricks. (About half of them were able to come to the reunion.)
Painting Amanda's room hot pink with a black trim! So girly, I love it!
Eating peach rainbows at Pace's Dairy Ann!
Crocheting cute hats! (Yes, I realize this doesn't fit Belle...it was made for a newborn, and she is definitely not a newborn anymore!)
Just my cute sisters! And we are on a hill...I am at least two inches shorter than both of them!

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Now I am completely missing all of the family. Seeing these pictures makes me think of how much fun it was to have you all here, even if it wasn't for very long. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Whitney Ricks said...

Oh cute! I love looking at all of them! Belle is just getting cuter and cuter! I can just keep looking at her all day long!

Ashley said...

Looks like such great time! Where in AZ do you live again? We need to make a plan to meet up at some point.

Adam G. Ricks said...

Sooo fun. I'm with mom. I miss you all and want to see you all again. :(

Daniel Ricks said...

Belle is definitely not a newborn. Can't believe she's coming up on her first birthday. That's so exciting! And for the record, we were eating cherry rainbows, not peach rainbows.

Andrea Ricks said...

That was a fun trip! We'll have to hang out together again soon! I thought the hat fit Belle fine. :)

Dad said...

Thank you. Thank you. What a terrific reminder of wonderful memories. Belle is beautiful.

Amanda said...

Gee, that was such a cute hat that Belle was wearing! Who made it?

Kidding. But I think we all look ridiculous in the painting picture. :) in a good way!